Getting Back into the Saddle

6.16.2009

I've been hiding behind the sewing machine since my knitting mojo took a little vacation. Still the lack of blogging is entirely due laziness and it is time to get back on the wagon.

First thing to show off is NaKniSweMoDo sweater number 7, Twist by Bonne Marie Burns. This pattern had been sitting in the queue for ages being passed up by the latest hot thing on Ravelry. When Webs put Cascade 220 on sale it was just the kick in the butt I needed to get this on the needles.

IMG_1413

The particular color of 220 is 2431 a chocolately brown with red highlights that don't come through in photos.

IMG_1415

Knitting the twisty cables was particularly fun.

IMG_1416

IMG_1411

This was the first time I've put in a zipper into a knit. Overall it went OK though the sweater probably needed a zipper that was a bit smaller. Still it works fine and that's good enough for me.

2 comments:

  1. What a cute sweater. I'm definitely adding that to my queue.

    When did you get your hair cut? It's really adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Won't you be my neighbor?

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs